We’re In!

It’s been snowing all day today and it looks so pretty outside! The movers came yesterday so it’s been a whilrlwind of painting, unpacking and cleaning up after the movers. I can’t wait to see Little One on Thursday. Unpacking her stuff without her today was so hard! 


(Last) Moving Update!

I haven’t written about the move all week because I was cautiously optimistic… After last week basically being denied by Wells Fargo for a loan that is half of what they pre-approved us for, and having to scramble to find another lender or rental, I was exhausted. My brain was just fried. But after our concerns were escalated in Wells Fargo up to the CEO’s office (!), we received word Monday night that we could close on the house, and on time! So today is our closing day, and also our Raleigh house went on the market today! So it is a big day for us all around. There’s still a ton left to do, like move in (!), but I get to see my husband tomorrow!! Which is super exciting. It’s been over 2 weeks since I saw him last. Little One is staying in Raleigh with my mother while I travel to PA with the dogs, and then I am coming back down next week for my nephew’s baptism. So I have a few days to make the house as ready as possible for the Little One. It’s been a long 2 months of ups and downs but I am so ready to move and be with my little family again!

And on that note too, I hope that 2014 will bring us new family members! I have received a lot of literature from the PA foster/adoption agencies and I had another call from the Director of one of the agencies. So I am hopeful that we can get licensed and start serving children in our new town!

New Week

Sorry no post Friday, I didn’t have it in me. I was… defeated. Last week was a rough week. Little One stayed with my mom, the dogs were boarded in the pet hotel, my husband was in Pennsylvania, and the movers came Monday. They packed up Monday and loaded the truck Tuesday. They were pleasant and efficient. Because we were supposed to move in Friday the 10th, most everything was packed. I kept out a little bit of clothes for Little One and myself. I kept it low key, sneakers and Uggs, PJs and the bare essentials for cosmetics. All of her new toys from Christmas were packed. I would come to regret this later! I spent the rest of the week cleaning the Raleigh house in preparation for it to be listed. And while I was there one day (that super cold day) a pipe burst and I had to have the water turned off and pay a (very nice) plumber $400 to fix it. Awesome.

Dealing with Wells Fargo for our mortgage, however, was not fun. I don’t know whether to write a brief synopsis or all of the crap that happened because it has been total BS. Basically 5 weeks after we went under contract, Wells Fargo denied us the loan that is HALF of what they pre-approved us for. And not because we don’t make enough money, we make plenty. Not because of our credit, we are in the top credit tier. Not because we have a bad history with them on our current mortgage payments, because we’ve never missed one. Not because we’ve had a bad history with them on our car payments, because we’ve never missed one. They denied our loan because they can’t verify my husband’s commission. Which is about 40% of what he earns. My husband works for a large tech company, and there are probably about 70,000 other people in his company that make salary and commission like he does. I can’t imagine this means that NO ONE at his company can get a mortgage with Wells Fargo. They also have to count our current Raleigh house as debt, even though we have a guaranteed buyout from my husband’s company. So basically instead of moving into our new house on Friday, we were pulling things together to find a new lender and writing angry emails to people at the relocation company that referred us to Wells Fargo and to any Wells Fargo executive we could find. My husband got a call from someone with Wells Fargo in their “National Escalation Team” who is trying to salvage our loan and we’re working with a local bank who can process it no problem. Well, securing the loan is no problem, there is a huge glaring problem for us going with the local bank… our closing will be postponed by 2 weeks. Which is 3 weeks from now!! My daughter is sleeping on an air mattress and I am sleeping in my parent’s guest room. I love my parents, but 3 more weeks of staying with them is a really freaking long time. My poor husband is all alone in a very expensive furnished studio apartment. And I have 4 pairs of yoga pants, no hair dryer, nothing to wear to my nephew’s baptism in 2 weeks, etc. The dogs are boarded, which I feel so horrible about, and that costs $50+ a day. Yuck. Last week was a nightmare, to say the least. We have no idea when we are moving in, no guarantee yet from Wells Fargo or the new lender, and we’re not even sure if we can get the house.  We’re hoping to find out more today, but at the rate this is going I won’t be surprised if it’s Friday before I know when we’ll be able to move in!